Student COVID-19 Testing
Students are being asked by the Department for Education to take an LFD COVID-19 test prior to their return in September 2021, to help detect cases of coronavirus. This consent form is for participation in tests designed to detect asymptomatic coronavirus cases. Anyone experiencing symptoms should follow government guidelines to self-isolate, even if they have had a recent negative lateral flow test.
Consent relates to the following groups of students/pupils as follows:
- For pupils and students younger than 16 years - this form must be completed by the parent or legal guardian. Please complete one consent form for each child you wish to participate in testing.
- Pupils and students over 16 who are able to provide informed consent - can complete this form themselves, having discussed participation with their parent / guardian if under 18.
- For any pupil or student who does not have the capacity to provide informed consent - this form must be completed by the parent or legal guardian. Please complete one consent form for each child you wish to participate in testing.
Terms of consent
1. I have had the opportunity to consider the information provided by The South Wolds Academy about the testing, ask questions and have had these answered satisfactorily, based on the information presented in the letter dated 21st June 2021 and the attached Privacy Notice.
2. In the case of under 16s, I have discussed the testing with my child and my child is happy to participate. If on the day of testing they do not wish to take part, then they will not be made to do so and consent can be withdrawn at any time ahead of the test.
3. I consent to my child having a nose and throat swab for LFD tests. My child will self-swab if my child is able to and will be supervised by trained staff.
4. I consent that my / my child’s sample(s) will be tested for the presence of coronavirus (COVID-19).
5. I understand that the mobile number/email provided on this consent form will be where the results of the test will be sent.
6. I understand that my child and their close contacts will need to self-isolate immediately following a positive test result.
7. I agree that if my / my child’s test results are confirmed to be positive from this test, they will undertake a confirmatory PCR test. If the PCR result is positive my child will be asked to isolate for 10 days in line with Government guidance.