The Inclusion Support team are based in an area of school called The Bridge. The Team are non-teaching staff who understand and support the individual needs of students. The team work closely with the Pastoral Team and Heads of Year .
Within the Inclusion Team we have specialists who can advise in;
- Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Transition support between Key Stages
- Child Protection and Safeguarding
- Attendance and Anxiety Related Non Attendance (ARNA)
- Emotional Health
- Physical health needs
The Team follow a child centric approach and our work is guided by the SEN graduated response and Nottinghamshire County Council’s Pathway to Provision.
The Bridge is a multi-use area in school for students who for complex reasons may need time out, someone to talk to, the chance to ease sensory overloads, to access a sensory room and outside area and where additional learning support and interventions are delivered. We have a separate school entrance where identified students can arrive and leave to alleviate sensory and anxiety needs.
If a student feels unwell they will come to the first aider in the Bridge who will triage and advise parents of any concerns or patterns.
The team work closely with, and make referrals to, a variety of agencies and specialists from outside school including,
- Educational Psychologists
- Schools and Families Specialist Services
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health services - CAMHS
- The Healthy Families Team -HFT
- The Nottinghamshire Family Service
- Positive Futures
For complex needs we also work closely with Social Care and the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH).
The team support vulnerable students through a key worker process where students and parents are linked to a team member to provide a single point of contact and consistency of care.
Students with more complex needs will be issued with a student needs profile where appropriate for;
- Medical needs, or
- Emotional health needs, or
- SEN needs, or
- Physical needs
These student needs profiles describe the needs of a student and the reasonable adjustments staff are required to make.
The team also include our cover supervisors who support student’s either in The Bridge or classrooms.
The Team is led by the Inclusion Manager and designated safeguarding lead Matt Simpson and include;
- SEN Access Lead - Jake Murphy
- SEN Curriculum Lead - Rebecca Van Laun
- Admissions Officer – Fiona Frazer Hallam
- Vulnerable Student Support Worker - Lucy Danson
Our SENCO is Fran Haywood
To contact the Team call 0115 9373506 ext 175 where Claire Till, The Bridge Administrator, will take your call and direct you to the appropriate team member.