Our priority will always be to do all that we can to keep school open for our community. However, in circumstances where we do have to decide to shut the school we will always take every possible step to inform parents and carers as quickly as possible. When we do have to close:
- We will try to make the decision before 7:30 am.
- We will use text message to alert parents and carers.
- We will update the school website.
- Notification of a school closure will be passed to local radio stations for announcement.
- School reception will be manned and will be able to advise callers of the status of events for the day.
- If any students are on their way to school when the decision is made, they will still be able to report to school and we will contact parents and carers to arrange transportation as soon as possible.